The current project is an extension of the previous NRO Star Formation Project (PI; Ryohei Kawabe, 2007-2011) in which we mapped several nearby star-forming regions, such as Orion A, L1551, and Rho Ophiuchus molecular clouds, mainly in 12CO using BEARS. The data obtained in the previous project are available in this web page.
- Orion A (~400pc) [RA, Dec](J2000) ~ BLC (5h40m0s, -07d20m00s) TRC (5h32m00s, -4d30m00s)
- Aquila Rift (~400pc) [RA, Dec] ~ (J2000)~BLC: [18h32m00s, -03d10m00s] TRC: [18h27m00s, -01d10m00s]
- California molecular cloud (~400pc) [l, b] ~ BLC: [166d00m00s, -9d30m00s] TRC: [164d40m00s, -8d10m00s], BLC: [159d32m20s, -8d57m40s] TRC: [158d32m20s, -7d57m40s]
- M17 SWex (~2kpc) [l,b] ~ BLC: [16d30m00s, -01d06m00s] TRC: [13d00m00s, -0d06m00s]
Main Target Lines
rms (Tmb) rms~0.5 K@0.5km/s(12CO), ~0.5K@0.25km/s(13CO), 0.3 K@0.1 km/s (C18O, N2H+)
- 12CO (1-0)
- 13CO (1-0)
- C18O (1-0)
- N2H+ (1-0) (Aquila Rift, M17)
- some other molecular lines
- NH3 (1-1), NH3 (2-2), NH3 (3-3)
- CCS (21-10)
As backup observations [e.g., strong winds (> 5-10 m/s) and instrumental trouble], we will obtain the following line data of selected regions using the H20 receiver.
- NRO45m+SIRPOL Joint Project For Orion A, Aquila Rift, and M17, the SIRPOL team will obtain near-infrared JHK polarization vector maps to study the role of magentic fields in cloud dynamics. Visit the IRSF web page for description of SIRPOL.
- CARMA+NRO45m Joint Project For Orion A, we combine the CARMA data with our SF Legacy data to image a 1 square degree area of the Orion A molecular cloud at 6 arcsecond resolution. This CARMA + NRO45m joint project is now ongoing. Visit the CARMA web page in detail.
- Molecuar outflow survey identify molecular outflows with 12CO
- Effects of stellar feedback in cloud structure energy budgets, bubbles, HII regions, PDRs, etc
- Cloud turbulence By comparing CO data with the SIRPOL polarization maps, we analyze the properties of cloud turbulence
- Physical properties of filaments and dense cores Using Dendrogram and Hacar velocity-coherent filament identification scheme, we analyze the cloud internal structure.